Head of Business Support and Development
- Based in Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
- 37 hours per week with occasional evening and weekend work as required
- £38,000 - £41,000 per annum
- Benefits – on site parking, employee assistance, pension, company sick pay, death in service benefit, access to blue light scheme
If you would like to use your finance and business skills to make a difference to the people Support for Ordinary Living (SOL) work for, then look no further.
SOL is a non-profit social care organisation who work for people with a variety of support needs and disabilities to choose and create a life that they want through both direct support and technology enabled care.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for someone to join the SOL Team as the Head of Business Support and Development.
As the new Head of Business Support and Development in SOL:
- You will be part of our Leadership and Senior Managers teams and play a significant part in assisting with organisational decision-making.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing a Finance and Business Development Strategy for the organisation.
- You will have responsibility for the line management of the Business Support Team who deal with the day-to-day operations of the finance and corporate services function of the organisation.
- You will have responsibility for managing all aspects of SOL’s finances including budgets, management accounts, payroll, cash flow, HMRC compliance, audit finance procedures, and controls.
- You will ensure all financial procedures align with the standards laid out by OSCR and Companies House.
- You will foster and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of partner organisations, Local Authorities, Regulators, etc.
Our ideal candidate will have a finance qualification or equivalent through relevant demonstrable work experience. They will have experience of producing budgets, management accounts, payroll/end-of-year process, audits, and company banking. They will also be experienced in SAGE payroll and accounts as well as MS office packages, in particular, MS Excel.
As they will be part of our Leadership Team and also line manage the Business Support Team it is important that they have leadership skills and can manage difficult situations.